NewsletterGet Infinite Fleet updates straight into your inbox.
Commanders have busy schedules and sometimes it’s nice to know that things keep moving while you tend to your duties away from the fleet.
Enter AFK missions.
That’s not the final name of this exciting feature, but for the time being, let’s stick with it. AFK missions describe activities some of your ships can complete while you’re AFK (away from keyboard). You will be able to coordinate and monitor the progress of these missions via your companion app, a mobile application that you can use to manage certain aspects of your fleets and bases on the go.
AFK missions will be available for any ships in your hangar that aren’t currently assigned to your primary fleet. The missions will involve different objectives, such as mining for raw materials or escorting envoys. If your ships complete the missions successfully, you’ll be greeted with the rewards the next time you log into the game.
Whether missions turn out to be a success or a failure depends on whether the ships you assign them are capable enough to fulfill the task at hand. The most important factors that play a role here are the respective ships’ power, level, and type. That means you’ll need to plan ahead and strategically choose which ships to assign to which missions.
AFK missions will massively boost your ability to level up your ships and stay ready in the ongoing fight against the Atrox. Are you excited for this upcoming feature, Commander?
- What’s in a Name? Breaking Down Ship Titles
- The Infinite Fleet Store Just Got a Revamp
- Design Update #4: Sending Your Ships on AFK Missions
- Fusion Power in Infinite Fleet
- Something for the Eyes and Something for the Ears: the Latest Update Is Here
- Explaining Fleet Colors
- You Can Now Share Your Infinite Fleet Gameplay Status on Discord
- The Great Infinite Fleet Reset - Migrating Away From ECS
- Design Update #3: Let's Talk About Commander Level
- Commander, the Fleets Update Is Now Live!
- Design Update #2: Meet the Mechs
- Design Update #1: Putting the "Fleet" in Infinite Fleet
- The New Infinite Fleet Trailer Is Out Now
- Infinite Fleet Public Security Token Offering to be Extended
- Infinite Fleet Alpha Set to Open for Early Supporters
- The Infinite Fleet Store is Now Live
- Transformers and Rocky IV Composer Vince DiCola to Score Infinite Fleet's Upcoming Trailer
- Former Ubisoft Executives Join Exordium’s Board of Directors
- Infinite Fleet STO Now Live, Led by US$1 Million Investment from Tether
- Infinite Fleet Security Token Offering (STO) to Go Live on January 14th