NewsletterGet Infinite Fleet updates straight into your inbox.
The time has finally come — the long-awaited Fleets Update is now live in the Infinite Fleet Alpha!
Next time you venture into the depths of the Infinite Fleet universe, you no longer need to travel by yourself: your fleet will be with you as you discover new planets and fight epic battles.
You will now be able to command up to four Cruisers in addition to your Centurion-class ship. As you travel through the galaxy and engage the Atrox in combat, having this additional firepower will come in handy! Your Cruisers will take up formation around your flag ship and can be given movement orders in the Strategic Camera, but they will not be directly controllable.
If you already owned a Centurion-class ship before June 9 2021, you’re in luck! The next time you pay your vessel a visit, you’ll find a new addition to your line-up: the USF Polaris Guardian MK-2, a powerful Cruiser ready to join you on your next adventure.
The Guardian is a heavy assault Cruiser designed to charge into combat and withstand withering barrages of enemy fire, engaging at close range to deliver death blows with its powerful plasma weaponry.
The Guardian carries double the armor of most Cruiser-class ships, which results in a very high mass. As a result, the ship dedicates significant energy to thrust simply to attain basic mobility, and is still slower than many others in its class. The armor more than compensates, however, and the Guardian is a mainstay of frontline combat, earning its reputation as the “Unbroken Shield” of the USF.
If you don’t own the Guardian yet, you can now get it on the Infinite Fleet Store. Keep in mind that you need at least one Centurion-class ship in order to play. Since the Guardian is a Cruiser, it will form part of your fleet and not be directly controlled by your actions.
With that said, we hope you’re ready for your next grand adventure, Commander. It’s time to head back into the cockpit and meet your fleet!
The Infinite Fleet Team
- What’s in a Name? Breaking Down Ship Titles
- The Infinite Fleet Store Just Got a Revamp
- Design Update #4: Sending Your Ships on AFK Missions
- Fusion Power in Infinite Fleet
- Something for the Eyes and Something for the Ears: the Latest Update Is Here
- Explaining Fleet Colors
- You Can Now Share Your Infinite Fleet Gameplay Status on Discord
- The Great Infinite Fleet Reset - Migrating Away From ECS
- Design Update #3: Let's Talk About Commander Level
- Commander, the Fleets Update Is Now Live!
- Design Update #2: Meet the Mechs
- Design Update #1: Putting the "Fleet" in Infinite Fleet
- The New Infinite Fleet Trailer Is Out Now
- Infinite Fleet Public Security Token Offering to be Extended
- Infinite Fleet Alpha Set to Open for Early Supporters
- The Infinite Fleet Store is Now Live
- Transformers and Rocky IV Composer Vince DiCola to Score Infinite Fleet's Upcoming Trailer
- Former Ubisoft Executives Join Exordium’s Board of Directors
- Infinite Fleet STO Now Live, Led by US$1 Million Investment from Tether
- Infinite Fleet Security Token Offering (STO) to Go Live on January 14th